Moving to Ruislip can be hard, when there is a few of you there are pros and cons to having that bit extra. The good thing is you can help each other out but it may be harder to organise a lot of you especially when the likelihood is that you all have different schedules. Here are some tips how to get you all sorted and ready for the big day.
• Lists. Lists are going to be your best friend during your move to the HA4 area so find a communal area to keep some where you will all see them on a daily basis. Either the kitchen or a dry place in the bathroom. When it comes to a relocation there is a lot to do so get together, so set all of you certain tasks. Cancelling bills, and transferring addresses as well as setting things up at your new space all need to be done so assign tasks and give yourself deadlines. You can tick them off when you are done so everyone can rest assured.
• Get your day sorted. You will need to plan the day that you are all around to move to Ruislip, HA4. This may need extra planning as there are a lot of you, but if you are all there on the day then it’s going to make it a lot less work. You will need to get the day sorted quickly for any moving companies you might hire, get them booked in quickly. Plan how much stuff you have and whether a man with a van will be enough or whether you need to be looking in larger removal services with plenty of movers to help you with the heavy lifting.
• Assign a person to each room. Packing is going to take some time so it’s really useful that there is enough of you to have room to be in charge of. Have boxes at the ready and take it in turns during the evenings and weekends to get things sorted. If you all have items in each room then it’s a good idea to do it all together. You can also help each other be ruthless when it comes to having a clear out. Get rid of anything that is useless by selling it or giving it away, that way you will have less things to move.
• Keep the excitement up. Make sure you keep momentum going by having a night out in your new area or lunch. This is a great way to take time to relax and also get excited about your move to H2 again. With so much to get done it’s natural for excitement to fade but this should get you into the mood again.
• Plan how you are going to do things. Maybe you are all going to move things yourself or one of you has a car to go back and forth. Either way decide that best plan early on. Cheap removals can be hard to find so you can always save money by doing things yourself or letting moving companies in Ruislip know that you will be doing most of the heavy lifting yourself. Just make sure you don’t leave things until the last minute.
Take advantage of having a few of you as this will make your move much easier and you can talk each other through it. Stay calm and make sure everyone is pulling their weight when it comes to organising and packing. Don’t be afraid to book time off to make things that bit less stressful and ensure you are helping out.